Monday, November 15, 2010

Seoul Sports Marathon November 14th, 2010

On Sunday I ran a 10km race in the Seoul Marathon. It was along the river at the old World Cup Stadium on a cold but sunny and beautiful clear day in Seoul. This was probably the biggest race I have run in yet; events included 5km, 10km, half marathon, and full marathon distance.

My final time was 1:02:31. Definitely room for improvement, but at least I know what I can achieve with little or no training! (My legs were unhappy with this)

 One of my fellow runners, Carli, sent over some pictures from the day. Enjoy!
After the race they had a tent giving out free tofu stew with soy sauce, and mokoli (a fermented rice wine) . Needless to say, we stuck around drinking mokoli for a few hours after the race :)
The group waiting at the finish line (minus one who was running the half)


Next race is next Sunday. I'm hoping to break 1 hour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment