Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lunar New Year 2011: TAIWAN

With a few weeks to go, a small group of us have thrown together a trip to Taiwan for February 2-6. Because it is a national holiday, my school is closed for the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of that week, and I am obviously taking that time and seeing something cool!

I see you, Taiwan!
The slogan for the week is "Let's Get Crazy". Taiwan isn't at the top of everyone's list of tourist destinations, nor is it considered especially beautiful, or cultural. But the four of us have decided to go anyways and we are going to make the most of it! Each person I am traveling with is an absolute character and I anticipate the antics to be quite hilarious.

We finally hunkered down to hammer out some of the plans for our quick 5-day trip, and we actually discovered that Taiwan has many things to offer. Once you escape the bustling industrious cityscapes of the West coast, the East coast is relatively untouched due to a regular and heavy typhoon season each summer. We have planned gorge hikes, temple visits, dips in salt water hot springs, beach tours, and hopefully some swimming.

This will be my first trip out of Korea to check out another Asian country. Finally! I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment