Monday, June 13, 2011

Beach Weekend in Busan

Seoul to Busan
Last weekend we took a trip down to the sunny, south coast beach city of Busan. It was the Korean equivalent of memorial day on Monday, so we had a long weekend. Perfect!

I took the bullet train down on Saturday morning, which blazed down the length of the country at almost 300km/hr. I was eating brunch in Busan by 10am.

A massive group of us went with the sole intention of relaxing on the beach. The weather was perfect, and we were lucky enough to land the same weekend as an annual sand sculpture building festival.

We played beach volleyball, frisbee, and baseball. I even went swimming in the ocean! It was a tad chilly... sort of what I imagine Canadian lakes must be feeling like this time of year ^^
Some of the gang



Unfortunately this quick visit down for the weekend didn't do it justice, and I can't truthfully say that I have seen any part of the city other than the waterfront and surrounding bars and restaurants. I guess I'll just have to go back!

More pictures after the jump!





Fairy Tale sand sculpture!
Ohhh Rapunzel Sand sculpture!

Lighting a paper wish lantern to float off into the sky

Hanging on the beach

Lazy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment