Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chuseok: My first (of few) National Holidays

The next couple weeks are going to be pretty jam-packed, and I couldn't be more excited.

Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) runs from September 21-23. Yes, that is a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. And no, my school chose NOT to let us off easy and give us the monday or friday off.

What Chuseok is supposed to look like
After hearing that everyone usually clears out of Seoul for the holiday, we decided to plan a fun-filled few days. So The plans are as follows:

Friday, September 17: My BIRTHDAY! 

Saturday, September 18: Getting as close as we can to North Korea on a tour of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)!

Sunday, September 19: Day hike in Seroksam National Park

Monday, Sept. 20: Work

Tuesday, Sept 21-Thursday, Sept 23: DeokJeok Island (guided hikes, beach time, etc)!

Friday, Sept 24: Korean Vegetarian Temple food cooking class!


I'll let you all know how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment