Thursday, March 4, 2010

Second Impressions

At about 8pm I decided to ignore what my sleepy head was telling me and go out to visit a friend. I noticed something strange on the way to the bus stop.

Whistler has no streetlights.

Walking through the darkened roads, with only old Christmas lights and the yellow glow of light streaming out of family rooms of each cabin, a number of thoughts went through my head. Here are my proposed points of attack, and my proposed solutions at the time:

1. Robber/rapist: punch to the face with my new boxing skills
2. Coyote: punch to the face with my new boxing skills
3. Bear: punch to the face with my new boxing skills... and then jump on top of a car so he can't get me (I don't know why)
4. Monster from the forest: succumb to a Blair Witch-like death because you can't punch ghosts

Keep in mind I just finished up a beginner fitness class in boxing in which I missed almost a third of the classes. I am seriously delusional.

No comments:

Post a Comment