Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vancouver Day 5: Leaving the West Coast

Our last night out started modestly and escalated quickly. Casual beers with Jack turned into heavier indulgence with Jack, Becca, Derek, Jess, and her Uncle. It was great. I am still kicking myself that we didn't get a picture of the group. But it was a fantastic night, and a great way to end my trip. Specifically the car ride after the bar that took us on a tour through the lower east side of Vancouver. My first time seeing a real, live, "lady of the night"... if you know what I mean ;)

Alas, the night ended and I found myself back at the apartment, packing and cleaning at 2:30am.

The alarm went off at 5:45am, as scheduled, I caught a cab, and was off to the airport to fly home.

In my three weeks in BC, I met so many new people, did so many more things, and got so much more exhausted than I had at any point in the first half of the year. Such a whirlwind adventure... all packed in to only three weeks.  Hard to believe it's over.


To my host in Whistler, as well as my hosts in Vancouver. You guys ROCK. I know I am messy and probably smell bad and/or get annoying sometimes... but without you, I wouldn't be alive right now. Literally.

And to all the people I met, ran in to, caught up with, chatted with, partied with, or worked with... THANKS for helping me have such a fantastic, epic, supercalafrejulisticexbialidocious, once-in-a-lifetime experience! I will never forget you.

Peace Out, BC!

No comments:

Post a Comment