Sunday, March 21, 2010

Vancouver Day 1

My first day in Vancouver was quite eventful! The night I arrived, one of my fellow volunteers texted me to say she had an extra ticket to the curling semi-finals. Sounded like a great opportunity, so I met up with her for the 10:30am event.

No offense, but it wasn't the most interesting thing in the world. But we won, and that's all that matters!!!!

Following the game, we went out to a caribbean restaurant, The Reef, for lunch. Got yogurt, honey, and fruit. Yum.

Later that afternoon, back at my host apartment, we decided to take off for Granville Island. We walked in the warm sun across Granville St. Bridge, and onto the island. Well, Saturday afternoon + warm sun = crazy busy, so we were elbows out at the market. Highlights of trip include street performer juggling fire, and free samples :)

I also found out that the girl I am staying with has never eaten a mango before. So I bought one that we will eat tomorrow.

Not sure why, but I was TOTALLY exhausted by the end of the day. My day ended falling asleep on the couch by 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment