Sunday, March 21, 2010

So long Whistler... Hello Vancouver!!!!!


Friday I left Whistler. Sad day.

I got dropped off at the spot my printed map had told me. It was in a weird spot- by itself on a long stretch of road. When I got there, no one else was waiting. There was one wheelchair accessible mini-bus waiting empty (no driver). So I hunkered down on the side of the road and sat. And sat. And sat.

At about 3 minutes until the time the bus was supposed to leave, I was getting worried. No one else had shown up with luggage like me, and no driver had come. I was starting to think I was in the wrong place.

Finally, a guy walks out from some path through the trees and asks, "are you going to Vancouver?"

I was waiting in the wrong spot. And was about one minute away from not making the bus.

But it all worked out in the End!

No comments:

Post a Comment